Important basic clinical speciality.Considerable advances have taken place in the understanding of dermatological disorders and their treatment..
Includes dermatology, Sexually Transmitted Diseases & Leprosy etc.
Daily OPD ,Indoor facility
Various specialty clinics- cosmetology, leprosy, contact dermatitis, pediatric dermatology, STD clinic, Psychodermatolgy clinic.
Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
3) Chemical Cautery
8) Chemical peels
10) Vitiligo surgery
- Clinical and mycological study of dermatophytosis in Talegaon area.
- Study of cases of relapse Hansens.
- Study of cases of leprosy in Talegaon General Hospital.
- Active participation in various public health awareness programme
- Active leprosy referral centre working twice a week in collaboration with state government (ADHS)--- first of its kind in the state providing all required facilities to leprosy patients.
- organized a guest lecture by Dr.Dhanashree Bhide,(M.D. D.N.B.- Dermatologist, cosmetologist, hair restoration surgeon) and the topic was Topical Steroid abuse "A Menace" dated 7.7.2017
Academic activity conducted in the Department:
- Conducted 4th Annual Research conference on 23/08/2015 at MIMER Medical College,Talegaon (D), Pune
- Conducted Annual Research conference on 27/11/2014 at MIMER Medical College, Talegaon(D), Pune
- Conducted 2nd Annual Research conference on 03/08/2013 at MIMER Medical College,Talegaon (D),Pune
Awards, achievements received by the faculty: (Last 3 yrs):
1. Dr. SachiPuri won 2nd prize "Trinity conference" in Poster competition conducted at LTMC, Mumbai.
Paper Publications: (Last 3 yrs):
1. Paper presentedby Dr. Richa Chopra in World Congress of dermatology, Canada, on 8-13 June 15.
Events Celebrated by the Department:
- Non - invasive investigations - KOH mount, Z.N.stain, Gram stain, Tzanck smear, Wood’s lamp examination.
- Invasive investigations : Skin Biopsy, Slit skin smear, Nail biopsy.
- A number of minor procedures are carried out.
- Regular weekly visits to urban and rural health centers.
- To start a photo therapy unit
- Laser therapy
- Special OPD for vitiligo / psoriasis