The subject deals with common chest diseases and their clinical manifestations, modes of therapy in respiratory diseases and management of National tuberculosis Control programme.
Includes common Chest diseases & their Clinical manifestations, various modes of therapy in respiratory diseases, mode of action of commonly used drugs, mode of management inclusive of National Tuberculosis Control Programme.
- M.B.B.S. study includes
- -Clinical posting: 4th semester
- -Lectures: 6th semester-
- 9 lectures on NonTB Respiratory Diseases,
- 8 lectures on Tuberculosis with RNTCP
FacilitiesThere are beds for undergraduate teaching activities Pulmonary Function Test
Department is running Revised National Tuberculosis Control Program- DOTs Center for Tuberculosis.
Diagnostic & Therapeutic procedures done are-
-Chest Tube Insertion (under water seal drainage)
-Lung Fine Needle Aspiration
-CT guided true-cut biopsy of lung
-Pulmonary Function Test
-Flexible Fibroptic Bronchoscopy
-Sleep Apnea Lab
Procedure being performed in ward:
Spirometry : Done for diagnostic & follow up in patients of Bronchial asthma, COPD, Interstitial Lung Diseases
Flexible Fiberoptic Bronchoscope: Diagnostic for lung cytology, endobronchial biopsy etc.
Sleep Apnea Study: Done in Obese, snorer patients to diagnose sleep apnea syndrome.
Asthma & COPD
Future Obesity & Sleep Apnea
RNTCP Sensitization workshop are conducted
- For Faculty & Residents
- For Paramedical staff
- For Interns- in every Internship Orientation Program ( every six months).
- For Residents
Public awareness programme
- World TB Day Celebration (24th March) every year in association with DTC.
- World AIDS Day Celebration (1st December) every year in association with PSM Department
- World COPD Day Celebration
- Active Participation in various Public Health Awareness Programmes.
- Dots Center Started In 2003.
- Core Committee Meets Quarterly.
- Designated Microscopy Center.
- MO, LT, TBHV Provided By DTC.
- Sensitization Of Faculty, Residents, Interns, Paramedical Staff.
- Backed Up By IRL(Intermediate reference laboratory) Aundh For PMDT Services.
- Recognised centers for DOTs
- Bronchoscopy Centers
- HIV Care
Participated in organization of the 4th Annual Research Conference at MIMER Medical College in Sep 2015
Hands on training in bronchoscopy done at TATA Cancer hospital, Parel, Mumbai. [ Done by Dr. Deepali Gaikwad]
Health Camps conducted: Camps on Asthma and PFT
World TB Day was observed at the institution.
Treatment outcome in patients of Lymph node TB
To get recognition for VCTS Centers